Comparing 3 Detox Methods for Mold, Heavy Metals, and Other Toxins
- By: Healthy Beings Staff
- Toxin Detox
- January 10, 2022
- 4 Min read
Detox methods such as diets and cleanses have gained popularity in recent years. Chances are that you know someone or you yourself have tried one of these cleanses as a way to recharge, rejuvenate, and renew.
Our bodies naturally detoxify every day, but that doesn’t stop people from wanting to assist the body in eliminating or neutralizing toxins even further or more quickly. There are many ways to support and enhance this process. We will highlight three popular detox methods that have gained popularity in recent years:
- Dr. Jill’s Miracle Mold Detox Box
- Heavy Metal Detoxification with Dr. Shade
- CellCore four-step approach
With so many detox options available, a question is raised: do these detox methods actually work? How do they compare to each other? What do I need to know? We compare three detox methods to answer these questions.
Dr. Jill’s Miracle Mold Detox Box
Exposure to mold can result in allergy-like symptoms such as a runny nose, watery eyes, coughing, or eczema. Women’s Health Magazine also reports that sudden, severe asthma attacks can be a sign of mold exposure.
In collaboration with Quicksilver Scientific, Dr. Jill Carnahan has developed a 30-day detox to address mold exposure. The Miracle Mold Detox Box contains:
- Dr. Shade’s Liver Sauce®: A blend of herbs such as milk thistle and quercetin.
- Liposomal Glutathione Complex: An antioxidant and liver support blend.
- NAD+ Gold™: A regenerative formulation of Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) and TMG to benefit mitochondrial health.
- Ultra Binder® Sensitive Formula: A powder formula designed to “catch” toxins and eliminate them from the GI tract.
- Quinton® Hypertonic and Isotonic: A “nutrient-rich raw marine fluid harvested from protected plankton-rich ocean blooms,” intended to support healthy electrolyte balance and support remineralization.
According to Dr. Jill Carnahan, all of the elements of the box are intended to work together to help the body “release” and “flush out” various types of mold toxins within the body. While some detoxes can leave the body feeling drained, this treatment was developed specifically to replenish the body and be gentle, even as mold toxins are removed from the body.
Dr. Shade: Heavy Metal Detoxification, Including Mercury and Other Toxins
There are several ways we can be exposed to toxic heavy metals. Many industrial processes produce pollutants containing heavy metals that get into the air, water, or products we use. We either directly absorb them or consume something that is contaminated. Here are a few examples:
- Mercury, produced by coal burning and other industrial processes, seeps into the water and is absorbed by fish, which we eat.
- Chromium from many industries gets into the soil and water through fertilizers and sewage. We then eat food grown in contaminated areas, or drink contaminated water.
- Lead from car exhaust, batteries, fertilizers, lead pipes, and industrial exhaust gets into the air, crops that grow in contaminated soil, and water.
If someone experiences heavy metal toxicity, the most common symptoms are fatigue and anxiety.
Christopher Shade, PhD is a renowned expert on human detoxification and founder of Quicksilver Scientific. He developed a set of supplements to successfully remove toxins. This combination of toxin binders is designed to transport a variety of heavy metals out of the cells and into the blood. Once the heavy metals are in the blood, they are then pulled into the liver, dumped into the bile, and then into the GI tract.
What is CellCore?
While Dr. Jill (mold) and Dr. Shade (heavy metals) focus on specific items to cleanse from the body, CellCore was designed as a comprehensive catch-all to address low levels of chronic illness, infection, or symptoms.
CellCore is known for its Foundational Protocol, which is a 4 month, 4 step approach that consists of:
- Energy and drainage: The first month is focused on setting a foundation for a “true detox.” This protocol includes Advanced TUDCA, Bowel Mover, BioToxin Binder, and CT-Minerals.
- Gut and immune support: Consisting of KL Support, Para 1, ViRadChem Binder, and Para 2, this step helps cleanse the gut of toxins and support the immune system.
- Whole body immune support: Now that the foundation has been set by the first two stages, this stage dives deeper into detoxification with LymphActiv, ViRadChem Binder, Para 1, Para 3, and HydrOxygen. This stage pulls a variety of toxins from the rest of your body.
- Systemic Detox: Step 4 tackles any leftovers and clears any toxins still lingering in the body.
Every step is designed to build upon the last to promote healthy digestion and set the foundation for your healing journey.
What is the best way to detox?
Different people benefit from different detox methods, which is one of the reasons there are so many methods. What one is right for you? This depends on what toxins your body needs support getting rid of. Here are 3 things to consider to get you started.
- Consider your environment: What toxins are you most exposed to in your environment and what you are eating and drinking? A health coach can help to thoroughly investigate this.
- Toxin testing: There are several ways to test for toxins in your body. Some of these are blood tests, others are tests you can do on your own like the Heavy Metals Test Kit from Thorne Research.
- Genetics: Some people are genetically predisposed to have a harder time removing some toxins. Knowing your family history may help point you to one detox method over another.